Friday, January 24, 2020

I Need Some...

I really do...need to do my Weekly Log Notes, need to finish getting dinner ready, need some energy as I am really dragging...
...and here I sit, staring at the computer, scrolling through some of the stories & poems I have written over the years and I came across this one


Blood Sugars
By Ali Workentin
January 7, 2008

Blood sugars
Something I deal with every day
It seems to be in control of me!
Shouldn’t I be the one in control of them?

Blood sugars
Bothersome at times
Little pricks 4 to 5 times a day
Ouch!
Obstacle to my daily routine
Dangerous if too low or too high

Sweets, pasta, bread all effect my life
Usually I can tell if they are dropping or rising
Grateful I can still see and walk
Always have to be aware
Remember its just one part of my life
Something I deal with every day of my life.

Blood sugars
Something that I can work to control
They seem to have a mind of their own
Something I have to deal with every day of my life

Blood Sugars

And here it is 12 years later
and I still struggle with diabetes, blood sugars, highs & lows, changes in medication, new medication, stop a medication...I get so tired of checking my blood sugars and when I am physically and emotionally tired I get the attitude "who cares and does it really matter?"  I know it matters, I know when my blood sugars are consistently in range I feel better all the way around...I sleep better, I move better, my emotions are not all over the board and I'm a pretty likable person 😀

At the beginning of the year I participated in 5 Healthy Habits...
...water, drink water first thing in the morning ~ I was doing really well until about four days ago so it is time to get back on the wagon...I set my alarm to remind me to drink some water when I first get up...
...2 minutes in prayer...I have been successful about half the time so let's get back on track in the morning Girl!!!
...move for two minutes...since Joey came into our life I have been walking every morning except yesterday ~ it was raining, no pouring and this lady does not go for walks in the rain.  I have been walking once and sometimes twice around the circle right after getting up...you know Joey needs to do his thing!!
...eat a healthy breakfast...well that has not been going so well...need to be more intentional on having a good breakfast.  It's not that I have don't have the stuff to make breakfast...I have eggs, bacon, veggies, oatmeal, eggs & sausage burritos...I just need to focus on the NEW HABITS
Image result for I just need to do it

The 15 days I did the Healthy Habits my blood sugars were in range 75% of the time...and as Katrina said from Day 1...if you do one thing different each day towards the betterment of your health you are one step closer to being healthy more times than not.  And to remember to give yourself credit for what you do that is healthy!!!

So here's to new beginnings and as they say in TBRI...time for a ReDo!!!

How do you keep motivated to stick to healthy habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...