Thursday, May 2, 2019

Greetings from Blue Bonnet Youth Ranch


Our view here at Blue Bonnet Youth Ranch from our little home on wheels!!!

We spent last week at Colorado River Thousand Trails,
attended Cowboy Church of the Hill Country on Easter Sunday,
and then traveled last Sunday to BBYR
where we met up with our friends, Jack & Donna.

After chatting with Stephen, the administrator it has been decided we will be the Full-time Relief Home Parents working Friday afternoons to Monday mornings and filling in for vacations and emergencies.  We are excited for this schedule to begin but that won't be for a couple of weeks or so as we need to complete their training, get our TB/drug tests ~~ which I chuckle as I remember the time we were working for Funtastic Shows Carnival and Albert came up to us as we were pulling into the Portland yard letting us know THEY were doing random drug tests...and we said no problem and he kept saying "you don't understand, drug tests"  what he didn't understand was that was NOT a problem for us!!!  

We will have a two bedroom, two bath apartment for our main residence and then a suite in each cottage (like a hotel room ~ private bath, living/sleeping area) when we are on duty so we won't have to be moving stuff around each week.  I will take pictures once we are settled in!!!

We  will have a place for any of y'all that want to come visit!!!  We can't wait to see some of you come this way!!!!!

Our two weeks off between gate~guarding and arriving here at BBYR was spent sleeping at night and being awake during the day or at least I should say tried to sleep at night and be up during the day :)

I still have times where I wake up at 3a and think I need to get ready for work.  Heard from some friends, it took them almost 3 months to get back into a normal schedule.  Sure hope it doesn't take that long!!!

Our phone numbers are staying the same ~ if you want our address let me know!!!

Wishing each of you a blessed day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great new gig! I'm excited for your "change of scenery"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This job sounds perfect for you two!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...