Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ready for a New Day

Today is a new day
and a different day.
Usually Tuesday's are our changeover days
but this week it changes to Wednesday here at the Ranch.

So today all four Home Parents will be on duty,
with four boys as three of our boys are on Home Visits
and one was released on Saturday.

It seems kind of crazy to have four HP's with only four boys but
hey, that's an extra days pay for both of us so that's good!

I woke up before my alarm so that tells me going to sleep about 10 pm
is a good thing for me.  I always feel so startled when the alarm goes
off, so I am thankful I woke up on my own.

My devotions came from both the New and Old Testament
Hebrews 11:8-16 The chapter on Faith,
Abraham had faith God would give him his promised land,
Sarah had faith God would give her a baby
So many in the Bible shared their faith of what they
believed God would do for them.

And I am reminded of Ruth, how she clung to God and his faith
that He would provide for her.

And HE did.  I look at my own life,
we have been unemployed,
we have had to deal with major illnesses,
we have seen our boys struggle
and YET through it all
God has been faithful.

We have never gone hungry,
we have always had a place to lay our head,
we have always been surrounded by friends & family,
and we truly have never gone without.

And for that I am thankful.
And we continue on in faith.
We have hit a couple of roadblocks of purchasing
a travel trailer, but maybe the time is not right.
When its supposed to happen it will happen.
And I know I need more practice in being 
patient and learning to wait.

and then I read in 
Malachi 4:1-3
which when I saw the scripture in 
I immediately thought of our own little Malachi,
a cousin's grandbaby
who is fighting for his life, an infection
that began to block his breathing tube
and so I prayed for little Malachi,
asking God to bring healing to him, 
wisdom for the doctors
and peace for his parents, grandparents
and all who love him.

Would you join us in prayer 
for complete healing for this precious baby boy?

And then I read 
And I am reminded of many things:

But a gut wrenching emotions
without a change in behavior
is not true repentance.

I remember a time I was angry at the world,
every person and situation in my life
all because of things that had happened in the past.
I lashed out at everyone and anything,
over and over
until
I came to a place of forgiveness,
never would I hear "I am sorry"
from those who hurt me over and over
but I did find peace in the lap of my Abba Daddy.
I began to live my life in love and joy,
not hatred and anger.

I began to see the many blessings my Abba Daddy
shared with me:
a wonderful husband who loves me just the way I am,
though I know he much prefers the joyful wife not the angry wife,
two healthy son's ~ who have forgiven me for past wrongs
and let's me be a part of their and their family's lives,
an opportunity to do things that I could never imagine:
working in a carnival!!
traveling around in our motor home,
working at campgrounds where we got to enjoy HIS beauty
and meet wonderful people and who many have become
friends and even family.

Yes I am blessed beyond measure
and I thank the Lord
for reminding me that 
sometimes life looks bleak and scary,
doesn't feel real comfortable
BUT
if I continue to keep focusing on Him
His love will abound!
And for that I am truly thankful
that I am loved and blessed
and as 3 yr old Christopher said
"that leads to awesomeness!!"

How can I pray for you today?
And may I ask that you pray for little Malachi
for complete healing and peace for his momma and daddy

and
remember

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...