Thursday, November 10, 2016

Change and a Purpose



I woke this morning crying out to Jesus ~

last night was hard, 
hard because I felt like I was fighting a losing battle.

How do you teach respect?
By showing respect even in the midst of hard stuff.

And the first thing I read was

God never changes
He is and Always will be the Same!!

No matter what is happening in the world
Jesus is here and always will be.

I was on Facebook for a bit yesterday afternoon
and I could not believe the the nastiness, the rudeness,
the name calling, the belittling that was going on
and supposedly between friends.

All over the outcome of the election.
What happened to people using kind words?
Being an encouragement to others?

I was dumbfounded.
Facebook has been a place for me to reconnect 
and connect with family and friends.  
Enjoying pictures of babies and seeing kids grow up,
sharing about our day ~ yet yesterday was like
someone said "let's be mean and nasty as we can be."

No thank you...I want and need positive in my life.

And so this morning as I got out of bed
because I couldn't sleep and I cried out to God
he showed me and reminded

He never changes, it is us who change.
And so I said to God 
"Please show me my purpose.  I truly believe You opened 
the door for us to come to MCH, to share your love with others.
Help me to be the light that shines in these boys life
EVEN on those difficult days when they don't want to listen,
when they lash out in anger, are disrespectful to us as the house~parents,
to the Unit Manager and each other.

Lord help me to just love on these boys ~
that is what I do best.


And I turned to Mark 1:16 ~ 18
16-18 Passing along the beach of Lake Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew net-fishing. Fishing was their regular work. Jesus said to them, “Come with me. I’ll make a new kind of fisherman out of you. I’ll show you how to catch men and women instead of perch and bass.” They didn’t ask questions. They dropped their nets and followed.

And immediately felt like God was 
encouraging me,
letting me know that He is the one who has called us here,
to love on these boys
just as He loves on me/us.

And again, I am reminded 

and


And so I say
THANK YOU
JESUS
for loving on me,
loving on these boys
and 
giving us each 
a chance to start over
and to make 
today a better day
than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...