Wednesday, December 4, 2019

December Already

Once again I can't believe it has been over a month since I last wrote here on my blog.  I have been trying to write a little something each day in my day planner/journal ~ some days it's one sentence sometimes it four or five...

This morning the desire and urge to write is strong so I thought ...Just Write!!!

This morning I received the following scripture and devotion and it resonated with me...

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Our work for the Lord is always meaningful when done with the intentions of drawing others to Him. We may not see some of the fruit from the seeds of hope and love we plant into others lives, but the Lord will bless our every effort to share His truth and obediently follow Him. We must not give up or become discouraged if the results we are wanting do not happen right away. Only the Lord can change hearts and save people, our responsibility is shining His light onto others and sharing His love with them through our words and actions. You never know whose feelings you may change or affect by letting the Lord work through you in every area of your life. As our hearts are filled with compassion and we are dedicated to serving the Lord, it is literally life changing and an experience we won't want to miss out on sharing with others.

The last month has been a rough one here in our home, 
having an 11 year old who is more likely to steal and/or lie begins to take a toll.
We have prayed with and for this little girl,
we have given out consequences, taken away privileges, 
talked and been silent
but nothing seems to get through to her.

The last two days have been very difficult
and I have found myself praying and crying out to the Lord...
"I just don't know what to do!"

and this morning my friend, Kim sent me the above scripture and devotional
and I knew the Lord had heard my cries.

One of my goals this year has been to spend time each morning in the Word before the children get up and finally the last half of November and so far the first four days of December I have met that daily goal...

So much more to write,
but the clock is ticking and this foster mom
needs to get these little's up and ready for the day!!!

Hopefully it won't be so long before I write again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...