Monday, August 8, 2016

Being Encouraged

As I was reading my devotion this morning


which is found in Psalm 40: 11-12 I was reminded how TRUTH is so very important in all aspects of my life.  I had awakened from a dream where there was frustration and anger and I just didn't understand it.  I found myself asking "why am I always so frustrated with ABC?"  "why am I so critical of ABC?"  and then I realized what I need to do is change my ATTITUDE, not expect ABC to change ~ they don't see they need to change...it is me who needs to change.  

Change my attitude, my thought process and most of all take MY stuff to Jesus and ask for his help in dealing with ABC.  And as I read further into my devotion I was reminded the key to changing my attitude is to change my way of thinking, instead of finding fault with ABC I need to recognize the good things, be thankful for the good things ~ and yes, I may struggle to find the good things but I know deep down they are there.

*****************
When I was first began to look for a picture for Psalm 40:11-12 
the picture below was the first to pop up
and the tears began to flow.


August 8 is so full of memories and as the week continues, 
memories of joy, fear, love, sadness will envelope me
but today I want to focus on the good things of that day!!!

Happy Birthday
Jamie!!!

Celebrating Jamie's birthday with the Bellingham Bells!!!

Graduation from Basic Training, US Army

Jamie the day he returned from Iraq
I always try to focus on the positive of August 8th.

August 8, 1977

Royce Alan Workentin was born at 2:21 am 
in Las Vegas, NV weighing 4 lbs 8 oz, 18" long

Ronald James Workentin, JR was born at 2:41 am 
in Las Vegas, NV weighing 3 lbs 12 oz, 19 1/4" long

a day filled with lots of love!!! and celebrations!!!

Lord help me today to be encouraged and see all the 
good things in my life!!  By focusing on the positive
my attitude will reflect those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...