Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Battle is Not Mine Alone


Rough night last night...Ron has been coughing a lot and ended up sleeping in the recliner with the back almost straight up.  He was just at the doctor on Thursday and they both thought it was allergies but now I am not so sure.  This is not a good time for him to be sick but then again when is?? 

Today is Day 2 of our 12 hour shifts and of course I am concerned can we make it if Ron is sick  BUT alas God met me this morning and gave me the above scripture from 2 Chronicles 32.  

Be strong and courageous, do not be afriad or discouraged BECAUSE God is with me in each and every breath I take and I am not alone in this battle today...(Ali's paraphrase)

Celebrate the positive...it's Saturday, the phones are usually quieter on the weekend.  
Joseph and Marcia both work today, I can call on them for help.
Our residents are wonderful (most of the time ;) ) 
And if it takes twice as long to serve coffee and tea so be it...its not the end of the world.

In 2 Kings 19:14 we are told to 
"spread it out in front of the Lord"

Give it all to Him; remember He can handle anything
and this battle is not mine alone.


And so I put one foot in front of the other,
move forward and do what I can do 
giving thanks to God for a job I love, wonderful people to work with,
blessings upon blessings
remembering 

and have much to


Thank you Lord for encouraging me again this morning.

And Lord just as I am never alone as you are always with me I ask that today you be with Uncle Rex and Aunt Erma as the time is getting closer for Aunt Erma to be loved and hugged on by you and in your arms...be with Uncle Rex and those helping him out.  Thank you for Aunt Erma and the love she has shared with me over the past 40 years.  Comfort her and let her know she too is not alone but that you are holding her hand as she travels this journey to her heavenly home.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Forward march warrior. God is where you are every step. Prayer sent that Ron feels better soon

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...