Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Once again it's been awhile since I have spent time writing. So I begin a new :)
Went to see my doctor today.
Not the most pleasant of visits but nothing surprising as I was expecting a not so pleasant visit. My A1C is 8.6 - way too high!!! My weight is on the upswing instead of the downswing...no one's fault but my own.
As one of my friends like to say "it was a come to Jesus meeting with the doctor and myself." Ron is home sick in bed so it was truly just Dr. Cadar and myself ~ probably a good thing. Anyway, bottom line is if I keep going the way I'm going its going to to kill me...something I really am not ready for.
So...here's the new plan:
1. Call the dietician and meet with him/her.
2. Go on a low carb, high protein diet which means I will be doing a lot more cooking for myself and not eating so much what is cooked here in our community...lots of high carb foods. So this means back to meal planning, healthy snack planning and no more candy binging!!!!
3. Get back to actual exercise; not just the 5000 to 8000 steps I take on days I work. I did so well when I would get up and do the bike or go for walks...so here is the plan I have set for myself...something I know I can do and can stick with: Days we start at 7:30 get up at 5:30, go do 30 minutes on the bike or treadmill and then spend 30 minutes with Jesus ~ I have slacked off on having my morning quiet time with the Lord.
My days always go better if I am consistent in having my quiet time with Jesus. I just need to do it. I have my little corner set up in our bedroom. Just need to get up, fix my cup of tea or coffee, grab my Bible and devotional book and then spend time with Jesus. And then get ready for work.
4. Dr. Cadar gave me a new schedule for when/how taking my medications. I need to take my Metformin before breakfast and dinner, not first and last thing at night. This will be a change for me but I think it will be easy to do; just means I need to redo my medication box. Also he has changed how I take my Levemir (long lasting insulin) instead of all at night before bed, now taking first thing in the morning and at bedtime.
5. Checking my blood sugars and how to use those numbers for the better. First thing in the morning, before lunch, 2 hours after beginning my meal and just before dinner. Now to just remember all this.
Oh and he wants me to lose 5 lbs before I see him again on Wednesday, April 6 at 9:00 am. It can be done, now just to do it.
Changing the topic, we have heard that our sweet Aunt Erma won't be with us long here on earth...we are saddened about this news but know that she is ready to meet Jesus and be reunited with family who have gone before her. Please keep our Uncle Rex, Aunt Erma and our whole family in your prayers during this time.
Saying sorry is hard to do ~ It seems lately I have been apologizing over and over. For saying the wrong thing, for over~reac...
Lots!! We begin with we KNOW God is in charge and knows all things as he says and and that is what we have been do...
We are all moved in!!! As you walk into our back door you come into the living room. These chairs are on the back wall of the traile...
AND AND BUT GOD TELLS ME AND SO ******** Today I am thankful for a husband who loves me even when...