Thursday, March 3, 2016

A New Day and a Familiar Reminder


What a difference a good night's sleep makes.

Yesterday was a difficult day for me beginning with my appointment with Dr. Cadar...yes he shook me in my boots and I know it was a good thing.  I spent most of the day looking up carbs, carb counters, low carb foods and stressing about my health ~ yes it's in pretty bad shape and no one to blame but myself.  

But after a good nights sleep, woke up only once :) and feeling refreshed I got up to begin my day.  First thought was to cancel a lunch date with one of my Facebook friends.  Tauyna and I have been friends for at least 3 or 4 years thru Facebook, we have never met in person, we have very similar backgrounds and we started our friendship over a blog post :)  And then as I walked to the bathroom I saw my Bible, you know the one that hasn't been picked up in a long while and thought "Satan,  you have been running pretty free with me lately and its going to stop!!!  And then a few minutes later I got a text from Taunya saying "I can make it!"  And so I wrote back - I will be there and now I am looking forward to meeting my new/old friend!!!

I checked my blood sugar, 166 - not good but not over 200 so that's an improvement and then settled into my little spot with my Bible and asked the Lord to speak to me clearly this morning.  

And did He!!!

22 David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lorddelivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield[a] and the horn[b] of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
    from violent people you save me.
“I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and have been saved from my enemies.
The waves of death swirled about me;
    the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave coiled around me;
    the snares of death confronted me.
“In my distress I called to the Lord;
    I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
    my cry came to his ears.
WOW!!  That's all I could say...what a great reminder that God is with me always, He is my Rock!!! And He will never leave me!!!!


I started crying and said "Lord forgive me for my actions & behaviors - leaving you on the shelf instead of walking hand in hand with you!!!  And thank you for the reminder that no matter what I am dealing with, literally or in my mind that you are with me every day, every hour, every minute!!!

And then He led me to 
Just confirming what I had just read.  

Thank you Lord for loving me and meeting me, once again, right where I am at and leading me to just what I needed to be reminded of.

All the while I was reading scriptures I was playing the newest cd of New South, one of the groups we heard and saw over and over in Branson...4 godly men who bring Jesus into every song they sing.  Each and every time I listen to their cd I just feel the Lord speaking to me...How Great Thou Art, Living in Canaan, Give the World a Smile and many more just brings me to a place of peace and joy!!!

If you are ever in Branson, check them out at Grand Country.  And let Mike Patrick, Jamie Haage and the whole gang know we send our love and miss them tons!!!

Thank you Lord for loving me and giving me a morning of refreshing love!!  And sunshine to boot.




1 comment:

  1. Wow...Ali! What great and comforting words from our Abba. Needed this reminder today. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Miss you my friend!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...