Monday, May 5, 2014

Have you ever started something and then quit in the middle, get waylaid, time passes and then something happens and you find yourself questioning "what happened?"

That's where I am this morning...wondering why I do or don't do the things I KNOW that I need to be doing.  Last night I had a horrible case of indigestion...with the chest hurting, thinking this could be it ~ it could be a heart attack, the mind thinking the worst and the whole time belching like crazy from deep within and just praying it would go away.  This lasted till after 1:00 AM...so much for going to sleep at a decent time of 10:45 pm.

As I laid there I found myself talking to God, asking him why I am such a failure when it comes to doing the things that I KNOW I need to do ~ specifically in the area of getting healthy.  As I was belching and falling asleep I kept saying "Lord, why can't I do this?  Why do I eat the things I KNOW I should not eat and not eat the things I KNOW I should?"    I cried myself to sleep along with praying for the indigestion to just go away...my chest and right shoulder blade were hurting terribly.

When the alarm went off at 5:45...I even contemplated just hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep till the 2nd alarm goes off at 6:30 but I pushed myself to just get up.

And I am so glad I did.
I often write about how God meets me right where I am and today is no different.  As I walked into the living room I glanced out the window towards Branson, the sun was just starting to come up, the sky was all shades of pink, yellow, blue and orange...a beautiful way to say Good Morning!  Thank you Lord for your beautiful created sunrise this morning.

I sat down on the couch and gathered my Bible, 
my favorite purple pen, my notebook and opened my devotional to
and I was reminded that it's not about me...my life is no longer my own.  
I am God's child and my life is His. 
I need to die to self so 
I can live for Christ!!! 

And because I believe that, 
all I need to do is Ask God, talk to God,
cry out to God ~ like I did last night 
and He heard my cries ~
reminding me that I am not alone in this journey of life
BUT God is with me every step of the way!!!

And then I turned to the Bible reading for today
in my Women of Faith devotional Bible.
And the focus for the month of May is

And I found myself thinking about FAITH.  
And what it means ~

I don't have to walk this journey of life alone.
I need to BELIEVE, TRUST and have FAITH
that God is with me every step of the way
and I am not alone and never will be.

And the verse for today:

And this is what I heard the Lord telling me this morning:

1.  Be Strong and of Good Courage ~
Be BOLD, Exercise the authority I have been given.  Don't lose heart. 
I can take authority over what I put in my body AND I can 
call on the Lord to help me make good choices.

2.  And Do It!!! Three little words but three
very powerful words.  Just Do It!!
Don't allow other things to take the place of the Lord in my life.
Don't allow FOOD to be the EVERYTHING in my life.
Just
Do
It!!
Make one choice at a time,
live in the moment
and in that moment make it a healthy choice!!

3.  Do not get discouraged.
As I stepped on the scale this morning I was 
pleasantly surprised that I was down .2 of a lb...
Hey...that is down, not up,
Encouraging to say the least especially 
since I knew what I had eaten yesterday!!
I was Encouraged!!!!

4.  God is always with me.
He has never failed me
so why should I think today will be any different
He has never failed me
so why would He fail me today.
He Won't!!!

And my mind keeps going back to "And do it!" And I was reminded of a conversation I had with Margaret G. one day...I asked her "how do you know you are doing God's will?  How do I know that the decision I am making is what God would have me to do?"  She replied...Just Do It...take that step of faith and trust God that He will close any doors or windows if I am making the wrong decision and He will OPEN the path to move forward.

And so today,
I move forward.
One step at a time.
One choice at a time.

And I know

and 

HE 
WILL 
NEVER 
EVER 
LEAVE 
ME!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...