Wednesday, November 24, 2010

73 Followers

Wow!  I can't believe I have 73 followers.  Today I am thankful to all of you for following along on this journey we call life. If you click on a picture of one of the followers you can see their name and what blog they write (if they have one) and learn a little about them.  I like to read about my followers and read their blogs.  It is a fun way to make and meet new friends.   Also thanks to all those who follow along who are not signed up as a follower ~ I know a few of you :)

Today has been a fun and frustrating day.  
This is the view of the tree lot looking out our front window.

This is the tree lot looking from Safeway. 

This is the motor home.  See the Santa hanging on the welcome sign.

This is the back side of the tree lot facing the motor home.
 Fun in that we decorated the motor home for Christmas today.  I set up our little tree in the window of the front passenger door.  It is a 2' tall artificial tree that has a light circle underneath of it.  I so enjoy sitting and watching the colors change from blue to red, to white to purple to green (not sure that is the order though).  Underneath the tree I have the little nativity set that I got from my mom 35 years ago this year.  It is the set she had up in our home for as long as I can remember.  I will try to get a close up picture of it and post it on here.

We also hung Christmas lights around the windows from the kitchen, through the living room, in front and above the TV and then back through the living room and into the dining room.  I also put out a few of the stuffed Christmas animals we have.  Outside Ron hung a welcome sign with a Santa on it and then set up our big blow up snowman and friend.  We had a mom and little girl pull up next to the motor home because the little girl wanted to see the snowman.  I put my Christmas centerpiece on the table and filled my stocking candy dish with candy canes to hand out to little kids when they come to get a Christmas tree.  It sure is looking festive around here.


Here are the Snowmen ready to greet the buyers of our Christmas trees.

These are the lights around our kitchen window.  The Christmas centerpiece is on the left and a beautiful fruit basket sits on the right.  The fruit basket was a going away gift from Stacey...so far everything we have eaten has tasted wonderful.  Will use the basket to hold something I am sure.

This is the right side of the living room in the motor home.  We have a good view of the opening to the lot.  Right now people walk through the lot and cut through to the bus stop on the corner.  We think that will stop once the trees are on the lot.  At least we hope so.

This view is standing in the kitchen looking to the front of the motor home.  It feels very Christmassey in here now!
We were waiting for Roy and the delivery of the Christmas trees.  We are supposed to start selling them tomorrow.  Well Roy showed up but no trees.  Seems the guys did not go and pick them up due to the snow storm that hit Western Washington.   So understand that but it would have been nice to have gotten a phone call to say the trees won't be here till Friday.  We could  have made plans for Thanksgiving Day.  Oh well,  am sure God knew what was happening and maybe a day of rest is what we need before we hit it hard selling Christmas trees.  

Another delivery that was made today was a port-a-potty for the customers.  The delivery guy also brought us good news ~ Chuck pays to have the tanks dumped on the motor home while we are here.  Yeah ~ that will save us about $100.  Thank you Lord for providing for the little things that bring us comfort and saves us some money along the way.


This evening we are just watching television and both of us are on our respective computers.  A quiet evening for sure.  Talk to you all again tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! You should have said, "This is the view of the treeless lot" LOL!!

    I'm glad you are settling in nicely. Perhaps, people will drive by and see how you have decorated and make a point to come back when you have trees?

    I hope you have a peaceful day tomorrow. Enjoy the time with Ron before the madness of the selling begins.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a bummer about the trees not getting delivered...and after you hurried to get there yesterday. Maybe tomorrow's day of rest is just what you need. I think you will draw a lot of customers with all of your festive decorations. Love the inflated Santa and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics...we are campers too!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    I'm sorry that you weren't able to make plans for Thanksgiving. You're right a phone call could have made a lot of difference. You motor home looks so cozy and warm and all decked for the holidays. Do you and Ron sell the trees every year? I saw our first tree lot of the year set up and thought Oh' Lord with this heat those trees are going to be dropping needles like pinecones fall from the trees. ha-ha. It looks so picture perfect there. Unfortunately it's a warm 79 for the high today but that's better than they predicted which was 83. It would be lovely weather if we didn't have 8 months of heat and basically no fall which is my favorite season.

    My MIL is in Life Care here in Jacksonville, Florida. It's pretty new and seems very nice. We'll have to see. This is supposed to be temporary. I'm praying about this and my heart because this is the first time Neil and I have been alone in years and there is finally so tenderness with the stress gone but Lord knows I don't want to see her pass and Neil suffer. Nor do I want her to linger and suffer. And I know we couldn't afford this place as a permanent home for her. All that sounds so selfish and makes me feel horrible. So please pray for me and don't think the worst of me.

    You and Ron are in my prayers and I'm hoping y'all really enjoy a peaceful and restful Thanksgiving.

    Love...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely take the down time while you can...for the next 29 days we have 12+ hour days. When we were asked to possibly get our trees on the lot today (Thanksgiving), we politely refused.

    We got our trees late last night due to the weather in Oregon. We will be able to get them drilled, standed, tied and priced on Friday, all awhile selling them to customers as we will be opened for business. But, once again we are blessed with a great crew of guys who we are confident will get the job done.

    BTW...for future reference, the dumping, electricity and water should ALWAYS be provided for your RV from them without any cost to you. If not, do not accept that
    Christmas Tree lot position.

    Good luck and we will be watching for all you updates, not sure how many we will actually be able to do during this time but we will try to keep you updated on our experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...that really is festive!!

    You are certainly ready for business as soon as the trees arrive. I'm sure people are enjoying your decorating...it really is pretty!!

    Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours....nw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your motor home looks very festive and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ali,
    Just saw your post on the Escapees forum under the class of '06! The Christmas tree selling comment made me wonder. Now I know. :) I'm Altsclmarm on that forum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the delay with the trees! The motorhome looks great though! You guys sure know how to setup for the holidays! All we did is dress one little sock monkey up in a santa suit :) Hope the sales go well once the trees arrive! Hope you had an excellent Thanksgiving too! We are grateful for you as well!

    -Mike & Heidi
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...