Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Alice's Headache Woes

As many of you know I have been dealing with some pretty strong migraines since the middle of September.

I think I went about 2 weeks without a major headache and then this past Sunday, 11/30 I woke around 1:00 a.m. with a horrific headache - definitely a 10 on the pain chart! I tried to go to church and did get Communion set up with the help of Edith - thanks Edith and the bulletins stuffed. By then I thought I was going to get sick! So back home I went.

I spent all of Sunday and most of Monday in the bed or on the couch. I woke this morning with the pain 3/4. I went to the church to get the bulletins ready to mail, went to the post office and came home. By the time I got home the headache was back up to about a 6! I called Fred Meyer and the prescription for 12 pills is ONLY $304.50! Whippee! Yeah! don't know anyone who can afford that type of cost for a prescription that may or may not knock out the headache. So being the resourceful person that I am ~ I searched the internet, found a voucher for 3 free pills (Maxalt) but can't get the darn thing to print!!!! I did get a coupon for $20 off so now I only need $284.50...wonder how long that will take to find.

I think you get the jest of this writing...I have a horrific headache and am feeling frustrated that the drug manufacturers charge so darn much for a medication. How do they expect to sell the medication when it costs almost as much as the moon.

So now I am off to lay down on the couch and pray that my headache goes away. Ron and I have our first basketball game of the season tonight in Blaine. Boys tonight and girls on Saturday.

Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...