Friday, January 25, 2019

Reminders for Today...

...figuring out Titles for my posts seem so hard for me
so today I just went with simple...

Reminders for Today....

I slept well last night, a good reminder that good, restful sleep is a positive thing!!!

Time with the Lord this morning seemed to be all over the board,
but that's okay, because my mind is all over the map this morning.


God calls us to be Peacemakers...I am not always a peacemaker, more like a troublemaker.  Never thought of it as SIN, but more like rocking the boat, playing 
the devils advocate, putting my two cents out there...maybe I need to really think about this verse...being a peacemaker.

This picture reminds me of one of the views on our drive from Cedarcreek into Branson.  Water is always calming to me, probably why I like to take baths and showers to help me relax...on a side note, I miss my bathtub so don't be surprised if we are visiting you and I ask if I can take a bath :)!

Peacemaker...not causing strife

Lord, help me to be the peacemaker not the troublemaker.

Peacemaker...sharing love with one another


Lord, help me to share your love with those I come into contact with,
whether in person or through the phone or my fingers.


this verse really jumped out at me
as we prepare to leave our position as gate guards
(we don't actually guard a gate...)
in May of 2019 to do some traveling, see family and friends,
and rest...really rest.  Like I said above,
I slept well last night 
but our schedule is not really restful
and everyone needs to rest at times.

We make plans, we pray about them,
we seek counsel from others,
we plan where we will stay, who we will see and
some of the things we will do...like swimming with the grands!!!
But through it all we know the Lord is the one who is in control
and we need to be flexible in our hearts and minds for whatever comes our way.

Do you make plans?
What do you do when those plans change unexpectedly?

Again, my mind has been on Tess and her children,
they had plans as a family,
and yes, I believe the Lord is in control and doesn't intentionally cause his children to hurt, but HE is with them (and us) every step of the way.  I can pray for the Lord to comfort Tess and the family, help them to get to a place to see the good in life once again...most of all I pray that they are surrounded with those who love and care for them.  And that they KNOW they are not alone even though I am sure they are feeling very lonely and alone without Jory right there with them.

and then this verse appeared in my reading
...what a great reminder that GOD is greater than anything, anything we feel, anything we have to deal with, anything!!!!

Changing topics here....

The other day I was watching Dr. Phil and something he said caught my attention.  One of the guests said something about not having willpower and Dr. Phil's response was  "it's not willpower, it's programming."
WOW...that made me think, so I did some research and found this where he talks about it a bit more...

5) Make lifestyle changes. “It’s not willpower, it’s programming,” Dr. Phil says. You have to set your life up for success if you’re going to break your addiction. If you’re trying to stop smoking or drinking, try simple things like not carrying money for cigarette vending machines or cleaning your cupboards of alcoholic beverages Sugary foods ~ Ali!!!. You may have to change the places you frequent, what you do for fun and whom you hang out with. If you are a computer junkie, remove the computer from your house. The best way to stop an addiction is to not have access to it. By Dr. Phil

I have an eating disorder...I like food...I like my snacks, popcorn, York peppermint patties, potato chips, ice cream, pasta...all forms of pasta, bread...you can say I like carbohydrates!!!  But guess what, they don't like me, they are not good for me, but they taste so good!!!

I've been talking with my daughter-in-love, D recently about the Ketogenic diet, she has been talking to her naturopath, and I have been reading about the Keto diet for diabetics and how many diabetics who have chosen to follow a modified Keto diet have been able to reduce or even eliminate some or all of their diabetes medications.  

And the comment Dr. Phil made the other day about "it's not willpower, it's programming" struck a reality chord with me...I need to reprogram how I see food and use food to fuel my body.  Ali disclaimer here ~ I am not turning into a health food freak...that would not be me!!!  Just going to implement some new things in my life...tools for eating healthy...just like I implemented new tools in being a great parent!!! And doing it one step at a time!!!

Watch for more updates of this new route of this journey we call life...one of eating healthier...I will still eat my York peppermint patties at Christmas...right Grands??

So another question for y'all...

...what are some of your favorite low carb dishes?
feel free to email me at ali1257 AT gmail DOT com

what are some ways you substitute healthy foods for those great tasting pasta's?
feel free to email me at ali1257 AT gmail DOT com

I also want to say thanks to those who leave me comments on my blog...I love to hear from y'all so keep those comments coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...