Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Guest Post by Ron Workentin

A note from 

Ron came to me yesterday afternoon and asked me if I would share the following on my blog with our friends and family.

I am so glad that my Father in heaven tells of His love in the Book He has given.  Wonderful things in His Book He has written but this is the greatest that 
Jesus Loves Me.

This song has been in my head for quite a while now. 
It has been quite a while since I have been to church.  It isn't that I have anything against church, it is just that with the jobs I have had this year I can't get there.  One of the things I do is think back on the songs that I know and love from years past.

One of my friends wrote on a Facebook post the other day.  She said the Bible doesn't say that we won't be given more than we can bear, but that God will bear our burdens for us.  I have seen this truth proven out multiple times throughout my life.  If I were to list all of the things that God has done for me it would take years and years to write it down.  Like I have said in the past "God hasn't failed me yet and He isn't about to start now."

At this point in time I am unsure about what the short term future holds.  (When I say short term I am talking about the next 5 to 10 years.)  However, I do know what the long term future holds for me and that is glorious.

As I think y'all know I discovered a lump in my left breast on June 6th.  Since then I have had mammograms, ultrasounds and a biopsy done.  On July 2nd, we found out that I have breast cancer.  Yes, men can get breast cancer too, just like women.

On July 18 I go into the hospital to have my left breast removed.  I am not looking forward to this but it is what it is.  When I said that men can get breast cancer also, it is true.  It is very rare for men to get it.  Less than 1% of all breast cancer patients are male and less than .0002 % of men get breast cancer.  This just shows how special I am.

I was writing this while waiting for trucks to come in.  I have had some come in and I lost my train of thought.  This is one more way that God has taken care of us.  After my surgery I can't pick up more than 10 lbs for at least two weeks.  That is okay as the heaviest thing I have to pick up is a clipboard with some paper on it and a pencil.  What we are doing is the perfect job to regain my strength.

I covet your prayers and good thoughts at this time.  I pray that I will be able to continue seeing God's blessings in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ron and Alice, your heartfelt words speak to me and in the midst of the affliction, I too think of worshipping Our Lord Jesus, yet will I praise Thee. I pray for you standing on the promises and feel weak because of so many needs and how together we suffer. Praying for His strength this day. Faith. Peace. Trust. This is our privilege as members together in Christ. Your faith is manifest and helps me this morning. We all have our trials and challenges. Thank you for sharing. God Bless You. We shall in time to come rejoice together. Victory in Jesus! ������

    ReplyDelete
  2. My twin brother from a different mother I sure do miss you. Much love, your brother Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you both, Ron and Ali!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...