Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!!!

Greetings to all our family and friends!!



New Year's Resolution ~ so many people make them,
but how many of them are kept?

The dictionary states that a resolution is "a position arrived at after consideration" or a "firm or unwavering adherence to one's purpose"

Another thing people choose around the new year is a word for the year .
I posed that question on my Facebook page 
and these are the words suggested to me by friends and family members:

Mobile ~ because someday you will be there again

Confident ~ in yourself, in your abilities in your new job and life and in accepting you are on the journey you are meant to be on

Creative ~ finding new creative crochet patterns; finding creative food ventures for your health; having fun, creative off day trips

Patience ~ for yourself, your charges, your faith

Upbeat ~ that in all things and circumstances you will find the good and a purpose!

Acceptance ~ it will make it easier for you to go with any flow this river of life will throw at you

Positive

Resilient

Fluid

Flexible, Fluid, Moving ~ so you can flow with the Spirit

Listen ~ list to God, to Ron, to your inner voice, non-verbal communication from the boys.

Teach ~ teach those things that others are interested in.

Health

Love ~ God's love through you

I have been praying and meditating on each of the words above
and have felt the Lord laid on my heart to go with

FLUID

The definition of fluid is listed as:
a. having particles that easily move and change their relative position without a separation of the mass and that easily yield to pressure; capable of flowing
b. subject to change or movement
c. characterized by or employing a smooth easy style like a ballerina

Ali's Definition of FLUID ~ to move and change positions as needed, to be positive and encouraging, be firm when necessary yet outpouring of God's love to others; remembering to enjoy life as God blesses me; remembering METANOIA ~ having a change of heart in the since knowing when to be firm yet also being soft, caring and full of love

summed up:
to be filled with love and care for those I come into contact with, holding firm when necessary yet remembering that nothing is set in stone and that there is room for movement, encouragement, going with the flow yet remaining consistent, extending grace and mercy with those I come into contact with. 

I don't usually make New Year Resolutions
but going into a 
new week,
new month
and a new year

Ron and I have been talking about our life
and what we would like to see in 2017 for each of us 
individually and as a couple

~ to get healthier; in the last year I have lost 20 lbs;
in 2017 I would like to lose 35 lbs

~ to walk; we have the goal of walking 2,017 miles together;
we will be tracking this each day with the help of our Fitbit and Garmin

~ to focus on things we enjoy; for me that is writing
for the two of us ~ spending quality time together, making new memories 
and sharing new experiences
~ growing in our relationship with each other and the Lord

************************

Do you make resolutions?
If so, why? If not, why not?









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...