Tuesday, January 26, 2016

God Continually Teaches Me

We had Saturday and Sunday off this past weekend, a rarity as our normal days off are Friday and Saturday, and I just wanted to go to church, to worship with like-minded believers.  We talked about where we could go ~ we live in a new area, not really connected to anyone in the area and so we decided to sneak away and head up to Blaine to go to our home church, Northwood Alliance Church.  So we made it a true weekend get-away!

We used our hotels.com gift card from Brandon and Danalyn and made reservations at Semiahmoo ~ what a nice hotel.  Would have loved a water view but the sun shining in through the trees on Sunday morning was wonderful!!!

We headed up to Blaine early Saturday morning and checked into the hotel about 1:45 and then headed over to our friends, Jim & Mary, to help them with some last minute packing as they prepare for their move.  We visited, Ron helped Jim move a freezer, I helped pack up the kitchen and we visted.  We then went to dinner and back to the hotel to have a glass of wine together ~ and we visited!!!

Sunday morning we woke to glorious sunshine streaming through the window and then it was time to get up and get ready for church.  We hadn't told anyone we were coming, we wanted to surprise our church family and boy did we!!!  The looks of surprise was priceless and the hugs from so many family was even better.  And fellowshipping with one another and spending time in prayer together was delightful ~ it reminded both Ron and I how much we miss the fellowship of worshipping with others and being together with believers.  We have asked our lead managers to change our Thursday schedule from Noon to 7:30 to 7:30 to 3:30 as we have found a little church here in Newberg who has Thursday night service.  Please join us in prayer about this request.

After church we met my bestie, Dee and her hubby, Tim for lunch at Paso Del Norte.  It was great to give/get hugs and enjoy a delicious meal.  I had my usual, pollo con creme and like usual it was delicious!!!  And then we headed back to Newberg.  Had an uneventful trip back, got home about 8:00 pm feeling refreshed and ready to head to work the next day.

And then this morning - my devotion was on "Fellowshipping" and what does it mean and how important it is ~ God is so amazing, meeting me right where I am, meeting my needs every step of the way, confirming things that I am finding out about myself ~ God is wonderful!!!  And I am so thankful that He loves me and knows me so well.

And then I was reminded in reading Job 23:1-12, how no matter our struggles, God is in control and has a plan for us and as long as we cling to Him, His Word and the hope he gives us we will be okay - we may struggle through things but trusting and putting our hope in the Lord is the only way to get through things.

Where do you find your hope?  your strength?

Prayer request, please keep my friend Janna and her family in your prayers as her Mom went home to be with Jesus shortly after 2 am this morning.  Janna was able to be with her and now we just need to pray for the Lord to surround her with His love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...