Tuesday, August 11, 2015

God's Messages to Me Today

I am trying to get back into a routine.  With the extreme heat we have been having and not having internet at home I have found myself sitting in one of the many McDonald’s in the Forsyth ~ Branson area.  Thank you McDonald’s for offering free wifi to your customers…I think I have drank more unsweet tea and frappacino’s in the last two weeks than I have all year J

Part of my routine is to get up between 6:30 and 7:30 instead of sleeping in till 9:00 or 9:30.  I have been able to walk a couple of mornings (it’s been cooler and not super high humidity.)   So far my walks have been about a half mile…hoping as the days get cooler and I get in a little better shape the walks will get longer.  But hey, walking a half mile is better than no miles J

Having some time with the Lord before I get in the full swing of each day is important to me.  I am always amazed at how a daily devotion written by someone who I don’t know on a day way before the day I am reading them. 


One of the daily devotions I use is called “Bless Your Heart Each New Day” by Samplers, copyright 1987.  I picked this one up a couple of years ago at a garage sale for 50.  

Today’s reading (I made it a picture)

And life for us has definitely been an adventure.  We have had some wonderful times, some hard times, shared lots of laughter and many tears.  We have had planned adventures and then some that came out of nowhere.  But through it all we have kept our Faith in the Lord. 

My bestie, Dee and I are always reminding each other to keep the faith and to remember God has never failed us yet.  And then we laugh and say “sure wish God would tell us what to do in _____”

From my devotion in Women of Faith Bible, in Psalm 138:3 we are told “In the day I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.” And verse 8 “The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.  Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever!”

Two great reminders from the Lord that he hears us anytime we call out to him and that He will make things work out for whatever concerns me…what I am reminded is that God hears all my cries, knows the worries and concerns I have and most importantly, will never leave me which means I am never ever alone!!!

And the reassurance that no matter the issues I am dealing with, the problems I am facing or the concerns I have God is always with me and will be here for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...