Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ouch...It Hurts to Hit the Ground!

First off, you might want to grab a cup of 
as this one is a long one!!!

But what can I say when God grabs a hold of me!!!

OUCH!!

Sometimes things happen to bring me back to reality
but most importantly back to where I need to be...

And that is where I found myself this morning
after getting out of bed and stepping onto a soft, wet, squishy floor.

I walked out to the living room to tell Ron,
he so didn't want to hear that
and the look on his face of defeat
made my heart cry.

After a few minutes we ended up sitting next to each other
at the foot of our bed.
Holding Hands.
Sitting in Silence.

Then I just started talking to God
about our frustrations,
we trust Him and know we are headed in the direction he wants us to go
but so many issues, obstacles, problems
just keep coming up.
We prayed together and
sat there in silence.

And then came up with a plan
1.  Strip the bed and move the mattress
2.  See if we could find the leak
3.  Realized we have frozen pipes
then realized we needed a square head screwdriver,
where are Ron's - out at GUMI 
so I called Liz & Jason, think I woke them up,
yes they had one and Jason would bring it over.
4.  Ron and Jason found the leak, found where the pipe is frozen,
found the electrical issue (thanks for the leak as it led us to the power issue)
so now the heaters are running in the back of the rig
Jason went home while Ron goes out to GUMI to feed
and stop and get the parts to fix the electrical issue
and me....

Well I am where the Lord wants me right now,
being in His word, spending time with Him
and this morning this is what I found

...that I had not been in the Word for awhile,
yes I pray & listen to Christian music
but being in the word well that wasn't happening.
And I started writing...

What kind of daughter ignores her Daddy,
yep, me a sinful daughter who gets so wrapped up
in her own life and only seeks out her Daddy 
in a crisis...Lord please forgive me one more time
for failing you. 
Yesterday as I was talking to You, I realized 
I want you to fix things, make things happen
and I realized our relationship cannot be one sided.
You are always there for me and me being a
happenstance..only coming to You when I am in need.
Yesterday on the drive out to GUMI Camp USA
you ministered to me with all the songs that played.  
And even right now, the song playing on Pandora, 
"Overcomer" by Mandisa is on.

Thank you Daddy God for loving me even when
I don't deserve it...Oh Jesus I find myself crawling up on your lap
and saying Thank You for loving me the best way a Daddy could.

And then I turned to the back of my Bible and found the following scriptures
relating to "Discouraged"
as that is what I was feeling overwhelmingly this morning.


There is NO one like our God!  
Who is always available to help me!
And in His wonderful & powerful ways
He is always and eternally our refuge!!
And His everlasting & ever-reaching arms
Will thrust the enemy from around me
And will yell "Destroy"  (Ali's paraphrase)


Does not God tell us to be strong & of good 
courage, do not be afraid or be dismayed
Because the Lord our God is with you
wherever you go.  (Ali's paraphrase)

2 Samuel 22:2-4
David said to the Lord after he had delivered him from the hand of Saul.
"The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress & my Deliverer.  
The God who gives me strength, in whom I will trust,
My shield and my horn of salvation.
God is my stronghold and my refuge!
My Savior who keeps me from violence
I will call upon the Lord,
Who is worthy to be praised
So I shall be saved from my enemies.   (Ali's paraphrase)



I would have lost heart unless I believed 
that I would see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord
Be of good courage
And He will strengthen your heart
Wait! I say on the Lord.   (Ali's paraphrase)


Be of good courage
And He will strengthen your heart
All you who hope in the Lord.   (Ali's paraphrase)


 Though I am facing struggles and troubles & issues
You God will revive me
You will stretch out Your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies
And Your right hand will save me.  (Ali's paraphrase)



Fear not for I am with you.
Do not be dismayed for I am your God.
I will strengthen you.
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  (Ali's paraphrase)



He shall see the labor of His soul and be satisfied
By His knowledge my righteous servant shall justify many
For He will bear my iniquities.

God sees all I do and is with me every step of the way
and is with me through it all.   (Ali's paraphrase)

Praises that came to mind while I was reading the Lord's word
~because of the new water leak Ron found out where the electrical problem was
~thankful that Jason came and helped last night and is here again this morning giving 
up his own time to help us when he didn't have to
~thank you Lord for protecting us from no fires during the night due to the electrical short


Let us know - be aware of where we are
Let us purse God & His knowledge
He goes forth just like each morning begins a new
And He comes to us just as the rain falls like it has before and will do again.  (Ali's paraphrase)


Just as God helps us so does the Holy Spirit help us in our weakness.
We may not know how to pray or the words to say
But the Holy Spirit intercedes on my behalf ~ if I search
my heart and be open, the Holy Spirit knows how to pray
for God's will to be done.  (Ali's paraphrase)

Therefore My Beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, 
knowing all that I do is not in vain in the Lord's eyes.  (Ali's paraphrase)


Even though it feels like everything is closing in on me
I am not crushed
I am confused
But not in Despair
Persecuted but not foresaken
Struck down
But not destroyed
Always trusting in the Lord
and giving all to Jesus so 
His love shines through me.  Ali's paraphrase)


And let me not grow weary while we keep moving forward 
and continue to seek the Lord and His will
because in due time we will reap good things
if we don't lose our focus or give up.  (Ali's paraphrase)





Lord I am feeling so frustrated right now and I know Ron
is too -- also feeling very overwhelmed with his responsibilities
and the many things needing his attention.  Lord I ask that you 
give him peace as he drives out to GUMI and then picks up the stuff
to fix the electrical and plumbing issues here in the rig.
Help me to calm down and stay focused on your word and
trusting you in all things.  Amen.

I wrote the above prayer about 11:30 this morning as I was spending time in the Word.  
How awesome our God is in that he gave me the above scripture right at the time I was
reading and writing.


In this I greatly celebrate - even though for a little while you have been grieved by various trials,
that the honesty and genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes,
though it be tested by fire, may be found in praise, honor and glory
at the revelation of Jesus Christ whom you have not seen yet you still love Him!!!
Even though you don't see Him you still believe,
you respond with Joy!!  (Ali's paraphrase)

&

Therefore humble yourselves before and under the hand of God,
that He may exalt you in due time,
casting all your cares, big and small,
upon Him because He cares for you - me!!!

Be sober, be vigilant
because your adversary the devil
walks about like a roaring lion seeking to devour you.
Resist him, be steadfast in your faith
knowing the same sufferings are experienced by others.
BUT...may God continue to perfect, establish, strengthen 
and settle you!!!
Thank you Jesus for Loving Me!!!! (Ali's paraphrase)

Well if you made it through this
I want you to know I am feeling encouraged,
praying for Ron as he was out at GUMI
the cows were out, the water pump was frozen
and the generator starter broke.
Giving thanks for the beautiful sunshine 
we have been blessed with today
which is a whole lot better than rain or snow.

I am more there will be more to follow
as you know there is 
when you hang with us!!!!

Talk to y'all soon!!!

1 comment:

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...