Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Always on a Learning Curve

The last couple of days I have been reading up on the
 Ketogenic Diet by Dr. Eric Westman, recommended by Dr. Steve to Ron and I last week when I saw him
for a follow up on my diabetes.

The good news is my A1C was 6.6, 
down from 7.6 taken in July.
6.5 is average!!!

What I like about Dr. Westman's diet plan is that it is not an all or nothing plan,
it is 5 days on and 2 days off.
I have been checking out recipes and meal plans
I do so much better if I have a plan to follow
so I am learning lots of new things.

I struggle a lot with "having quiet time with the Lord"
and on Monday at Forever Friends I was encouraged 
when Carolyn shared she was talking to God while making the beds.
WOW...just talk to God whenever I want
and wherever I want.
Yes, I know God is always available
but feeling like I have to have designated time to be alone
to pray, read and talk to God...yes that's important
but talking to God freely as I go through my day,.
time to relax and talk more to God!!!

And this morning with my devotional,
being reminded its not enough to just talk the talk
but walking the walk is so important.


God's Word is truth and I need to fill my mind with His truth,
not necessarily only by reading, but listening, singing,
giving praise to the Lord.

And I struggle with feeling like I am so NEEDY
I am always asking God for things,
take this away from so & so, or help so & so with ?
And then I was reminded 
that my prayer should not be "take this or that away"
but 
Protect and Love on 
our children, our friends and myself


That it is okay to ask God for things but 
more importantly


So today
my goal is to 
Praise the Lord
through all that I do
and while I tackle my To Do List.

Hope y'all have a great day and find reasons to give thanks to the Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...