Thursday, January 2, 2014

Links in Life

I am amazed how God links my life altogether.
I really shouldn't be, since the majority of my life I have loved and follow Him.
But here I sit once again,
amazed how so many things in my life 
just link together.

I joined a group on Facebook,
ChickswithoutBricks.
Many of us are RV'rs but the focus of the group is

"Welcome to Chicks without Bricks. If you haven't done so yet, consider getting the book "Postcards from Chicks Without Bricks" available at any one of our blogs (see authors' blogs listed in the files section)
This is a challenge group geared towards helping YOU be the best Chick you can be. You don't have to live in an RV to be without bricks (but we all think you're crazy not to want to;)  If you have a dream you've been putting off, then you are in the right place. Be sure to invite your friends. The more Chicks the merrier. You can join the challenge any time. Be sure to post your progress with each of the weekly goals so we can all encourage one another to 'Lighten up and LIVE'!"

And the first challenge asks the question
What is it you really want? 

And then one of my Scriptures for today is found in 
 
Really asking What is it you want?
See how he links one thing to another?

I have some goals I have set for this year...
...to lose 50 lbs, by exercising 5x a week and making healthy food choices
...to grow closer to God through Daily Quiet Time, study and prayer
...to finish all the unfinished craft projects that I have started 
and carried with me for way too many years
...to stay on top of our paperwork and not let it gather in a Ziplock Bag like the two in the cupboard waiting for me to address, which means processing those two Ziplock bags
...for healing in relationships
 ...to bless others
...to grow the business here at Branson View Campground
...to grow the business of Santa Claus

Thank you Lord for keeping me focused in my life and how I should live.

  Other thoughts from my Quiet Time this morning:
Psalm 118

Psalm 118: 5-16
The Message

Pushed to the wall, I called to God;
    from the wide open spaces, he answered.
God’s now at my side and I’m not afraid;
    who would dare lay a hand on me?
God’s my strong champion;
    I flick off my enemies like flies.
Far better to take refuge in God
    than trust in people;
Far better to take refuge in God
    than trust in celebrities.
Hemmed in by barbarians,
    in God’s name I rubbed their faces in the dirt;
Hemmed in and with no way out,
    in God’s name I rubbed their faces in the dirt;
Like swarming bees, like wild prairie fire, they hemmed me in;
    in God’s name I rubbed their faces in the dirt.
I was right on the cliff-edge, ready to fall,
    when God grabbed and held me.
God’s my strength, he’s also my song,
    and now he’s my salvation.
Hear the shouts, hear the triumph songs
    in the camp of the saved?
        “The hand of God has turned the tide!
        The hand of God is raised in victory!
        The hand of God has turned the tide!”

 
and

Psalm 118:27-29
New Living Translation
The Lord is God, shining upon us.
    Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar.
You are my God, and I will praise you!
    You are my God, and I will exalt you!
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
    His faithful love endures forever.

God is ALWAYS available.
He is ALWAYS waiting for me to seek Him.

And then I turned to 2 Tim 1:7
 
And also I don't have to be ashamed.
Being ashamed is feeling humiliated or embarrassed because we feel inadequate or inferior.

I do need to remember, every day, is that I Am
Saved,
Rescued,
Redeemed,
Justified and
Sanctified.

The word I am focusing on this month is GRACE.
Grace is God giving us a second chance.  
Isn't that what I need to be doing with those I am in relationship with...extending Grace, 
just like God tells us in Forgiveness...we must do it 70 x 7, who can keep track of 490 times forgiving someone?  I know I can't, I just need to forgive those who have hurt me or wronged me.  And the same is true with Grace...I need to give those in my life, those who cross my path, a second chance, not jump to conclusions and not be judging them.  I need to LOVE them, extending Forgiveness and Grace, love them not the sin!!!

And Lord I ask you today, 
to help me love those I come into contact with,
to extend the hand of fellowship,
to be hospitable and encouraging.

What is it you want?
How do you plan to go about it?





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...