Monday, January 6, 2014

Brrrr...it's Cold!!!

Woke this morning at 6:00 AM to 0' but felt like -15'
that is just too darn cold.

To warm myself up I rode my stationary bike
for 45.05 minutes, 9.65 miles and burned 495 calories.
Got on the scale and am down 1.6 lbs this week for a
weight loss of 8.2 lbs since 9/1/13 with a total
weight loss of 23.2 lbs since 8/1/11.
I need to lose 16.6 lbs to get to my first goal.

The sun is shining bright and looks beautiful on the snow,
the skies are clear.
This was taken at 7:53 this morning, isn't it beautiful?

I began my Bible study this morning reading 
and I was reminded that I am the one who is to seek the Lord.
He is always waiting to hear from me.
That just warms my heart to know that 
God is ALWAYS here for me,
I just need to call on his name.

And then Mark 10:46-52
and the question Jesus asks Bartimaeus
Jesus asks not only Bartimaeus what he wants from Jesus
he asks that of me too.

What do I want Jesus to do for me?
God wants to know what we (I) want?
He wants specifics, the desires of our heart.

Laying heavy on my heart is reconciliation within my family.
I have prayed off/on for healing in a specific relationship,
that of my sister and myself.  I have cried out many times to God
and to her...all to no avail...but I am reminded this morning that 
I need to be diligent in my seeking God for healing and
remind myself I have done everything I can do ... 
it is now up to her and God.
And I know it is all in God's timing.
I need to be patient and continue to trust Him,
continue to pray for my sister and because I don't know 
what is going on in her life
I just pray...
Lord be with Joanie, 
love on her like I am not able to do.

And then my focus changed from being on me to
what does the Lord want me to do.


Am I ready and willing to do what the Lord
asks me to do?

I am trying every day to say 
"Here am I Lord.  What do you want me to do?"

And then I ask myself
"Am I really willing to go where the Lord would have me to go?  
Or am I like Asa in 2 Chronicles 16:7-10
Just after that, Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah and said, “Because you went for help to the king of Aram and didn’t ask God for help, you’ve lost a victory over the army of the king of Aram. Didn’t the Ethiopians and Libyans come against you with superior forces, completely outclassing you with their chariots and cavalry? But you asked God for help and he gave you the victory. God is always on the alert, constantly on the lookout for people who are totally committed to him. You were foolish to go for human help when you could have had God’s help. Now you’re in trouble—one round of war after another.”
10 At that, Asa lost his temper. Angry, he put Hanani in the stocks. At the same time Asa started abusing some of the people.

Or a little child who gets mad while playing with someone and grabs her ball and goes home crying because she did not get her way?  Don't I respond like that sometimes.  Get mad, storm out of the room because I don't like what someone said or implied?

But God is not like that...his grace gives us second chances, he loves me no matter what, he loves me not my sin.  Even though I don't like what so and so said to me or did to me I need to stop, be quiet, listen and then do what is right even if its not what I want to do.

Thank you Jesus for giving me so many second chances, 
for loving me in spite of what I say or do that is not right or nice.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to right those who I have wronged.
Help me Jesus, to be quiet more, 
to listen more,
to think before I react.
Thank you Jesus for loving me!!!
And thank you for showing me how to extend grace
to others and myself as you extend it to me.
Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...