Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Morning Musings

Woke to 
 
at 4:41 this morning...flashes of bright light, rolling thunder (not to loud) 
and rain drops tinkling on the roof of the motor home.

Rolled out of bed at 4:46 and turned the alarm off so as not to wake Ron.

A cup of coffee seemed very inviting but not to be as I have a doctor's appointment this morning and some fasting blood tests.  Good thing the appointment is at 8 a.m. so by 9:30 I should be able to have a cup of Java...may have to stop at Starbucks :)

Had a very quiet weekend at the campground...will be glad when we get busy.  Ron was busy replacing the air conditioner in the Activity Room...will be nice to be able to play games, walk on the treadmill or pedal on the stationary bike without feeling like you are in a sauna.  

Sunday we went to breakfast 
and who do we meet but Darrell & Patti :)  
They are off to Dallas for a few days 
but we will see them again on Wednesday.  
We came back to the campground and did a few things in the office then went to see Barbara Fairchild and her family at the Kinfolk Reunion ( you can read more about it at The Wandering Workentins later this week ~ the camera is still in the car and it's raining........)

I started my morning routine and immediately felt discouraged...got on the scale...I hate the scale but it is also a good reminder what I need to be focusing on.  I started The Beck Diet Solution back on 4/25/13 and was doing really well.  It is a 6 week program...okay I took almost 3 months.  At one point I was down 8 lbs for a total loss of 23 lbs but today I am only down  1.1 lbs for a total loss of 16.6 lbs...and there is no one to blame but me, Me, ME!!!  I do so well and then seem to flounder.  
So frustrating and yet it is all my doing.  

And then I remember
that I need to
 
and
 
and
 
and that
 
and so today I
 
and
 
by setting a few goals:
1.  Drink at least 3 23 oz bottles of water
2.  Write down everything I eat (log on myfitnesspal.com)
3.  Make healthy food choices

and remember
 

What do you struggle with?  
Is there anything I can pray about for you?

Lord, thank you for this gentle reminder this morning that You love me no matter what.  
Thank you for this new day, to begin anew with you.  Thank you for walking beside me each and every day of my life and encouraging me when I fall.  Thank you Jesus for loving me!!  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...