Monday, June 10, 2013

Thoughts from My Time with God

As I mentioned previously, I have been struggling with some things 
YET
God is Good and Meets Me Where I am at :)

 
Sometimes I need reminders that my boys are not little boys anymore but adults in their own right.   Thank you Lord for this gentle reminder. 

In 1 Samuel 15:13-17 we are told to follow God's commands, not part way, not only if we want to BUT to follow his commands completely and totally.  To be in Obedience to God.  God doesn't ask us for anything but obedience and yet so often I do things my way or a part of what God directs.  I may make up excuses or blame others for why something happens or doesn't happen.

This challenged me as I continue to struggle and make my way through 
This is a six week workbook on learning how to make good choices, eating healthy, exercising.  I started this book the week of April 15th....reading the first four chapters before actually starting 
Day 1 on April 23.  I have struggled almost 7 weeks to get to today ~ Day 25!  I have learned some things that I have incorporated into my daily life like drinking at least 3 bottles (23.7 oz) of water a day...today is the first day I have drank all 3 bottles...how hard can that be!!!  And yes I have lost 10 lbs...reaching that goal this morning...started to track my weight on April 5th and then accepted a challenge from my doctor to lose 10 lbs by my next appointment ~ July 16th!!!  Now I am shooting for another 5 lbs off by then!!!  I know it doesn't sound like much, but 1 to 1.5 lbs a week is a healthy way to lose weight.

I also have started an exercise routine...walking at least 5 minutes a day ~ usually I do around 13 to 15, that was one mile.  Today I decided to do two extra roads on my walk...got to 1.5 miles and 21 minutes!!!  No turning back now.  I have tried walking first thing in the morning, after my quiet time, before I take a shower, before heading to bed and finally about a week ago I realized I have to get out and walk first thing in the morning before I start my day (this is after I have made Ron's lunch & breakfast and gotten him out the door and sometimes taking a nap first...this getting up at 5 a.m. is so hard to get used to!)  Now in the mornings I say...walk or God Time or God Time and walk.  And so far, two days that is working...now to keep it up.

And again God met me where I was at...obedience...just follow Him, just follow the plan (in this case the workbook)...be obedient and don't make excuses!!

Do you feel challenged by God?
Does he meet you right where you are at?

I like to focus on specific words...so I am adding the word
OBEDIENCE to my list.  

1.  INTENTIONAL
2.  OBEDIENCE

Do you have a word you focus on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...