Sunday, June 16, 2013

God Loves Me!

God loves me just the way I am!

"Just as I Am" has been one of my favorite songs since in my early teens, 
when I first began to realize that Jesus loves me just for me.  
Sometimes I forget and I have to sing these words over and over.  
Today has been one of those days.  
Reminding myself that Jesus love me, just the way I am.

 Just as I Am

Text: Charlotte Elliott, 1789-1871
Music: William B. Bradbury, 1816-1868
Tune: WOODWORTH, Meter: LM

1.	Just as I am, without one plea, 
but that thy blood was shed for me,
and that thou bidst me come to thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

2. Just as I am, and waiting not
to rid my soul of one dark blot,
to thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

3. Just as I am, though tossed about
with many a conflict, many a doubt,
fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

4. Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
sight, riches, healing of the mind,
yea, all I need in thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

5. Just as I am, thou wilt receive,
wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
because thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

6. Just as I am, thy love unknown
hath broken every barrier down;
now, to be thine, yea thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come. 
 
 
 
I recently read a devotion titled "Comparisons Stink"
The scripture ~ Galations 6:3-5
 
  

 
Reminds me to see myself as God has made me, has God sees me.
 
And I remember telling my boys that
 
 
and now I have to remind myself that
 
 
and I have a husband who tells me all the time that he loves me and that I am special, though he usually says "spacial"
and then laughs because of some strange or unique thing that is going on with me and then we
 
 
 
God don't make no junk!
He made me in his image!!
God makes good things!!!
I am good, not perfect, but good!!
And good is good!!!
 
I am good.  Just as I am!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...