Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday Wanderings

 
What a day it has been already!
 
My morning started at 5:20 a.m. when I woke up with sweat and hot flashes abounding.  Stood up and was a little dizzy so carefully made my way to the bathroom.  Checked my blood sugar ~ it was 59 again!!!  Made my way to fridge and grabbed a 6 oz can of pineapple juice and 3 miniature Reese's PBCups.  I felt like I couldn't drink or eat fast enough.  Opened a 4 oz juice box (it tasted nasty so those will be going to little Malachi - the neighbor boy here in the campground), 3 more PBCups and 5 Cherry Jelly Hearts (I know - stop by the candy!!!)  I started feeling better and went back to sleep about 6:40 a.m.  Slept till 9:57 and woke up feeling so much better.  I logged my early morning "breakfast" and now have 1200 calories left for the day ~ my choice is going to be healthy calories, well that is my plan.

Once I was up and ready to go for the day I went for a 1/2 mile walk with hubby.  He wants to walk every day, even on his days off to keep himself limber for work.  Today is day one of his three days off.  I want to get up to where I am walking 2 miles a day or 30 minutes of exercise...I have the Wii Sports, Country Music Dance, a walking video and Biggest Loser so I have the tools JUST need to use them.

 

After our walk hubby worked on some stuff outside the rig and I had my quiet time.  I had to chuckle when I was all done reminding myself God has a sense of humor and knows what I need each day.  Can you see why I was chuckling?

My devotion from The Sanctuary by David Jermiah

Hebrews 13:5
 

And then

 Psalm 143: 5-8
I remember the days of long ago;
    I meditate on all your works
    and consider what your hands have done.
I spread out my hands to you;
    I thirst for you like a parched land. 
 Answer me quickly, Lord;
    my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
    or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.

God was the same yesterday, just like he is today and will be tomorrow.
Because He provided yesterday I have no reason to fear today
And I am not to worry about tomorrow.

I guess the Lord really wants me to remember
He will NEVER leave me NOR forsake me!
As my bestie reminds me quite often "He hasn't failed you yet!"

One of my personal goals this year, like I have mentioned before is to get healthy!!!  Not just lose weight but to GET HEALTHY!  To be healthy physically, emotionally & spiritually.

Today in Proverbs 1:1-7
(from The Message)

A Manual for Living

These are the wise sayings of Solomon,
    David’s son, Israel’s king—
Written down so we’ll know how to live well and right,
    to understand what life means and where it’s going;
A manual for living,
    for learning what’s right and just and fair;
To teach the inexperienced the ropes
    and give our young people a grasp on reality.
There’s something here also for seasoned men and women,
    still a thing or two for the experienced to learn—
Fresh wisdom to probe and penetrate,
    the rhymes and reasons of wise men and women.
 Start with God—the first step in learning is bowing down to God;
    only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.

7B is what really jumped out at me "only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning" ~ WOW if that doesn't say it like it is I don't know what does.  God's Word is filled with wisdom -  we, No, I need to pay attention to this.  What a powerful reminder to be in the Lord's Word every day.  


Lord I come to you this morning thanking you for your Word, for telling me to remember the past where you have never let me down and you have always provided for me.  You are my loving Abba and I am so thankful you are my Daddy.

Thank you for sense of humor in showing me not once but twice to remember no matter what You will always be will me.

Lord I lift up Sharon to you today as she got the diagnosis of cancer in her rib.  Lord I thank you that the cause of her pain has been found and it can be treated.  I pray for the doctor's as they put together the right treatment plan, I pray for Sharon to be strong not just physically but emotionally and keep her faith in you always.  Thank you Lord that she believes and trusts in you.

Lord be with our family and friends in whatever they may face today.  Thank you that today is a new day - a day to do things differently today that we might have needed to do yesterday.    Amen.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...