Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Mumblings

Good morning, wait it is after 2 p.m. so I should say
 
 Can't believe it is Monday already, really our Thursday as tomorrow is  Ron's Friday.  The week goes fast when you work different shifts from others and only work four days instead of five in a row.
Only a tad bit confusing I know.  

This morning kind of got off to a rough start as I woke pretty shaken from a horrible nightmare, did call it a dream but in reality it was a nightmare.  I shared it with my bestie and this is what she wrote back -

"Sounds to me like you are feeling something in your live is out of control and you have no power to stop it and you feel like you are not getting support from the people around you.  I will pray for clarity in figuring out what triggered this.  Know that God has you in the palm of His hand!  Whatever it is, He’s got it. "

   and I think there is lots of truth in what insight she had.  Not the time to share the nightmare but would ask that you do keep us in your prayers as God is cracking open some doors that could be life changing for us.  Enough said.

So I went for my walk ~ one mile in 15 minutes; Saturday will increase to 1 1/2 miles, ate some cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast and then opened my devotional and Bible ~ never a bad thing to do when feeling a bit shaken.  God is so good and meets me right where I am; He never fails me.

Psalm 1:2-3
 
My strength comes from God's Word ~ like water to a tree;
My stability comes from God's Word ~ like good soil to a tree.

When I put my roots (my mind, heart, body and soul) into God's Word ~
I am able to be the strong and stable person God wants me to be and know I can be.

Luke 5:17-26
 
Jesus Forgives and Heals

Sometimes I find myself doing the same thing over and over and not getting the results I want or need.  Sometimes I need to step back and think about is there another way to get the results I want/need?  
For example knowing what I eat and when I eat.  I know I can say "I had "such and such" leaving out the "bad things" who will really know.  BUT if I write down/log on myfitnesspal.com I cannot hide from all the things I have eaten in a given period of time and see what needs to be changed.

As Tom used to say "Awareness + Contact = Change"

and you know what, it is working.  One of my goals this past week was to quit eating when I go to bed at night, Ron hates crumbs in the bed anyway :).  Last night I went to bed and read for awhile and I really wanted a fig newton, but hey I was in bed already.  I could have asked Ron to bring me one, I know he would because he loves me like that.  Wait, told myself and my accountability group "NO MORE EATING IN BED!"  So I got up, walked out to the kitchen, got two of the fig newtons (105 calories) and sat down and watched a comedy show that Ron was watching for about 15 minutes while I enjoyed my two cookies.  Did it put me over my calorie limit ~ yep but as I am learning, one step at a time - this time was not eating in bed!!!  And I only ate two cookies where in the past I would have had four or even six!!  One step at a time.  Acknowledge the good choices - two was much better than six!!

Proverbs 13:16

Learning, knowing, following, making healthy choices will lead to a healthy mind, heart and soul.
If I ignore what I know about making healthy choices I will continue to get FAT! is that what I want? NO!!!!  Again, Tom's formula comes to mind: "Awareness + Contact = Change"

Proverbs 13:20
As one of my health coaches, Monica has told me "post good things, healthy things on Facebook and make healthy things to eat will make my mind desire those healthy foods!  Posting cookies and pretty sweet desserts just leads me to wanting those sweet sugary desserts which will not help me get to my desire of a healthy heart, body, mind and soul.

 I found this picture ~ it is a tool to help me remember I don't want to choose that today!!


Proverbs 13:25  
"The righteous eat to their hearts’ content,
    but the stomach of the wicked goes hungry."

Feed my body healthy foods, drinking lots of water, making healthy choices,
THEN the cravings for those high calorie sweets will disappear :)!!!

WOW is all I can say.  God is so GOOD to meet me right where I am!!
Reinforcing the things I am learning from others, finding new ways to get eat healthier and making good positive choices for a healthier me ~ from the tips of my toes to the top of my head, indwelling in my heart and giving me new excitement for life!!!

How about you ~ what or who encourages you?

Is there something I can encourage you in today?  Leave me a comment if there is.  I would love to lift you up in prayer, that's the least a friend can do!!

One more thing, 
if you would say a prayer for this family as they struggle with some major health issues of their precious baby who is due to be born in three short months.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blessed-by-Our-Baby-Angel/509405262453252 
Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...