Thursday, October 4, 2012

Faith ~ Being Obedient



Woke to a beautiful Fall morning here in the Ozarks Mountains.  Am enjoying the colors of the season.  It is like every day the trees are changing right before our eyes.  And I thank the Lord for his beautiful masterpieces.  Can't wait to go for a drive this weekend and enjoy more of God's handiwork.

I am so enjoying my Women of Faith Devotional Bible...God is so good and meets me every day right where I am.

This morning's scripture was from Joshua 6:1-20 ~~~ the story of Joshua and the city of Jericho.
And God commands Joshua and the Israelites to walk once each day for six days around the city of Jericho.  No talking, no singing, nothing but silence for six days and then on the 7th day to Shout when given the direction.  And then the city of Jericho fell!!

What this says to me is that no matter the circumstances we are in that we have no control over/can't conquer (our walls)  God tells us that we will be victorious in Him.  He just asks us to walk (TRUST) trusting Him w/the details EVEN when we don't understand or can't the see the point or would rather talk/do it on our own, argue/complain God asks us to have enough FAITH to keep walking, one foot in front of the other and God will be victorious.

Which leads me to Romans 8:28

NKJV Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

The MESSAAGE Romans 26-28 Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

And I am encouraged today to pray today for us to keep walking  one foot in front of the other, doing what we know we need to do and put today in the hand's of the Lord, keeping our eyes on Him and our trust in Him.

So I encourage you to keep moving, putting one foot in front of the other, seeking God and believing that God is working everything in our lives into something good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...