Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Devotional Theme for October ~ Faith



I am enjoying my new PURPLE, Women of Faith Bible and it fits nicely in my new Bible cover ~ thanks Mike & Elaine!!!

One of the things I like about this Bible is the daily devotions and each month has a theme.  The theme for this month is FAITH.  And if you know me, my Faith has grown in leaps and bounds especially since 2007 to 2009 when I was immersed in counseling and prayer, getting some medications straightened out, more counseling and prayer, lots of love and support to work through the horrible abuse I had suffered from in my childhood and teen years.

Each day I learn to trust more and lean on the Lord more than the day before.  And this morning I was once again reminded about God's love and my need to remain steadfast in my belief and faith in the Lord.

The scripture for this morning was Exodus 14:13 - 14 ~


New International Version (©1984)
Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.
New Living Translation (©2007)
But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again.

I usually use either the NKJV or NIV translations but really like the NLT version for this verse and it reminds me once again to STAND FIRM in what I know is the truth and TRUST the LORD as he brings me through each day. 

And it brings me comfort as we prepare for another hearing with the Texas Workforce Center due to the 3rd appeal by the Alamo SKP Co-op, Marti O'Hare, BOD President and their statement that Ron was lazy and never worked while we were the Managers of the Lone Star Corral.  We know the truth ~ Ron is a very hard worker, goes beyond what is expected and does his job with a smile and positive attitude.

So once again, my prayer for today is "Lord, I come to you this morning and ask that you help me to NOT feel anxious, to stand in confidence and know that the TRUTH will set us free.  Amen"

Do you need an extra boost in dealing with an issue?  Stand firm, put your TRUST & FAITH in the LORD.  He will never leave you nor forsake you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you have to go through the Workforce nonsense once again. May this be the final time and end with the results you want!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...