Saturday, November 5, 2011

Today I am Thankful for...a day of relaxation.

Today I am thankful for a day of relaxation.  I woke up at 6:11 this morning - was so looking forward to sleeping in but that was not to be.  So I had a caramel hot cocoa and read some emails.  And then Ron got up about 9:30 and after chatting for a little while decided we would go into Castroville to go to some garage sales.  About 1:00 we went to Sammy's for lunch.  We had heard good things ~ our thoughts "it was okay, but nothing to write home about."  And then we decided to go for a ride...we went to Moore, Devine, Yancey and then back to Hondo for some grocery shopping.

Then home for a dinner of hodge podge - actually left overs and a cleaning out of the fridge.  And I baked a Dutch apple pie.  I am letting it cool for a little while before we dig into it.

It has been a great day ~ no demands, a nice drive through some pretty countryside and a few stops along the way.  In Devine they were having a Fall Harvest Festival so we stopped and walked around checking out the different vendors, listened to some good country music and watched some clogging.  After that we stopped at the Yancey General Store.  And what an interesting store it is  ~ kinda like a yard sale, kinda like a 7-11 and a little like a gift shop.  

Thank you Lord for a great day of rest!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, hodge podge for dinner. ;) When we have leftovers, especially if it's food that we're not overly fond of, it's nice to have a great dessert to look forward to. I'm happy that you and Ron were able to spend a day relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...