Monday, November 28, 2011

Today I am Thankful for ,,,

New friends...yesterday Ron and I took a road trip to Austin, TX to meet up with some Families on the Road families.


We had a great time visiting, watching all the children play and of course share a meal.
And then we drove home.  It was a cold and clear night.  And we were without a top or sides on the Jeep.   And we took the long way home.  Ron has been saying since we have been here in Texas that he wanted to go to Luckenbach, TX and so we did.

While driving home we had a beautiful sky of a sliver of a moon and seeing Jupiter.  Here are the pictures I took while Ron was driving.


 And then he stopped and I got a great picture of the moon with Jupiter just below it.  
We are so thankful for God's creation and beautiful show He gave us last night on our way home.
 
It was 46' when we pulled into Hondo at 8:30 p.m. and we both had chattering teeth.   We left Austin around 3:00 p.m.  Took us almost six hours drive home and it only took us 2 1/2 hours to get to Austin.  We definitely know how to make a short trip take a long time.  After a stop at Walmart we made the final trek home...where it was nice and warm.

We laughed as we pulled into Lone Star Corral when Ron commented that we drove 319 miles between 9 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. ~ our normal travel days are usually not more than 250 miles!

All this to say I am thankful for new friends and a sweet hubby who loves to drive even though we were so crazy to not put the top or sides on the Jeep before going for our drive!!  And for the opportunity to see God's beauty in so many different way.

1 comment:

  1. That was fun seeing the moon and Jupiter through your pictures. Glad you got to meet some new friends!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...