Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Small World

We are at Medina Lake Thousand Trails this weekend.  We are surrounded by lots of trees and so many deer it is amazing.

We arrived here shortly after 5:15 p.m.  and got set up and then headed over to Hank & Euona's rig for some visiting.  As we visited we talked about where we used to live and lo and behold found out that Hank & Euona lived on Gerber Road in Sacramento, CA.  What is amazing is that my dad used to live on Gerber Road and that is where he was living when I hurt my eye in 1968.  How crazy is that - that we were just down the road from each other and now here we are friends so many years later. 

I am amazed how often we meet people who have crossed paths with us or with friends of ours.  I was on Facebook a week or so ago and someone had sent me a message asking me if I knew someone.  I did not know but in chatting back and forth found out we had mutual friends and that we have supported the same couple off/on over the years in their work with missionary kids.  Again, a small world.

Last week I was also able to reconnect with a friend from high school and found out that her and her hubby lived for two years in a RV and traveled around the East coast.  So fun to reconnect with friends from the past.

What about you ~ where have you realized it's a small world in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...