Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Musings


Hi on this cold, windy, rainy Monday afternoon.  I slept in today, thinks it helped to take Nyquil last night.  I think I am getting a cold ~ first one is I don't know how long.  Hopefully it won't get much worse.
 Yesterday we went to church at Northwood.  It was so nice to be back in our home church. It was fun to see friends and get lots of hugs.  During the children's message the question was asked "what is a missionary?"   And little Jacob replied, "sugar makes me crazy!"  We all laughed.  It was so nice to be where laughter was freely shared.  We had a missionary who shared about her time in Russia.  Following the service we had a potluck.  What fun to share a meal with many of our friends, and of course, the food was plentiful and delicious.
In the afternoon I took a nap and when I woke up we had company.  Jamie, Suzanne and Opal had stopped by for a few minutes.  Opal was so cute in her little costume.  Sure hope you enjoy the pictures.  Grandpa got lots of hugs and kisses.  Grammy kept her distance so that she would not give Opal her cold.  Hopefully hugs and kisses will come soon.

Here is Miss Opal with her daddy, Jamie.

In the evening we got a picture of Max and Christopher from their trick or treating time. 
Max as a blind ref and Chris as an elephant. 
Today has been a kind of lazy day.  We are having dinner with Patrick & Patricia and Brenda this evening.  It will be good to visit with them.
Today has been a very laid back day for us.  We both have spent much of the day on the computer and sending out a few emails regarding job possibilities.  Ron called on a job in Texas at an oil field doing security.  He has to call back tomorrow.  Talked to John at Jerry Chambers; he faxed the info on the motor home to the insurance company and hopes to get started on the repairs tomorrow.  
Today is November 1st.  One of the blogs I follow does a post for every day in November and lists what she is thankful for.  I think that is a great idea.  I hope you don't get tired of a daily blog post.  I am going to do the same thing ~ do a post for each day and include in it one thing I am thankful for.

Today I am thankful for the love of a wonderful husband. Ron and I have been married almost 35 years.  He has stood by me during the good, the bad, sharing in my laughter and tears.  He is a loving husband and father.  Thanks Ron for loving me and being the best husband a girl could ask for.

Followers ~ I also want to say thank you to all who follow my blog.  I can't believe I am up to 68 followers plus the many who read my blog (the silent followers) through my Facebook link and email notifications.

I don't know much else, just really wanted to post pictures of the grands.  Hope you enjoyed seeing them in their Halloween finery.
Wishing you all a blessed day!  Talk to you all again soon.


5 comments:

  1. Opal sure is a cutie, hope you lick the cold in the bud. I have been taking my shot of nyquil for th last couple of nights trying to fight one off. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of that cold and here's wishes for the perfect job opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali! Thought I'd answer your question here :)

    I found your blog through a "TheBlogFrog widget" on another blog, don't remember which one though. You know the ones where you can see recent visitors. And once I got here it was an obvious "follow" for me :)

    Why? Simply because I loved the fact that you actually met up with people you met through reading each other's blogs. And I find your blog to be very warm and friendly.

    By the way, congrats on the 35 years of marriage! Must be nice to have someone to share your life with :)

    And thank you for visiting, following and commenting my blog. I truly appreciate it!

    Take care,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali...to answer your question. A COE is a Corp of Engineer park. It is a recreational area developed next to a dam or reservoir by the Corp of Engineers. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grands are adorable. Take care of that cold.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...