Friday, November 19, 2010

Life Sure Get's Busy at Times

Greetings on this very chilly night.  We just got in the door (10:20 p.m.) and it is 37' outside.  Forecast is calling for snow tomorrow here in Whatcom County.  Sure won't be surprised if we wake up to white stuff tomorrow.

Sorry for not keeping up with daily posts.  The last few days have just been crazy busy for us but have had lots of things to be thankful for.

Monday was a busy day for us.  We ran errands, had lunch with a friend and then realized we had a few hours before meeting Glenn & Marla for dinner so we went truck shopping.  Didn't find a truck but did find a Jeep Wrangler.  It met all our requirements: towable, room to haul a couple of grandkids, 4x4 and low mileage.  We took it for a test drive but told the salesman we didn't have time to talk as we had to be in Blaine to meet our friends.  Ron made arrangements to meet with Guy, the salesman the next morning.  We then met up with Glenn & Marla about 6:30 p.m.  At one point I looked at my watch and it was 7:45 p.m. and then the next thing we all knew it was 9:30 p.m. and we all had plans for Tuesday.

Tuesday morning found me being very thankful for friends.  While Ron went to Bellingham to see if we could make a deal for the Jeep, my friend Dee picked me up and took me to run some errands.  While we were out Ron called and said we had a new to us vehicle.  We were able to trade in the suburban and add a little cash and the car was ours.  So off Dee and I were to Bellingham.  We loaded everything from the suburban into her car.  She had twice has much room in her car then we have in the Jeep.  We ran a few more errands before calling it a day.  I was so thankful she was free for the day and able to help us out.

Wednesday Ron was going to go to the Men's breakfast/Bible study at Blackberry House but my phone died in the night so the alarm did not go off.  So we got a late start to the day.  We had both made commitments to be at the church around 9:00 a.m.  I needed to meet with Charles and get some things done at the church office and Ron was meeting up with Gerald & Philip, two of our church deacons, to remove the old dishwasher and change lights in the parking lot.  Before going to the church we stopped by Blackberry House for some much needed coffee.  I am thankful for the little things in life...like a nice little coffee shop to stop in, get great coffee and help support friends.  Thanks Aaron & Kelly for having great coffee and nice friendly staff.  It was a great way to start a busy day.

After both of us finished up at the church we headed into Bellingham to go to the bank and then to the store to pick up a few groceries.  While I was in the bank, John called to say the motor home was ready for us to pick up ~ yippee!  The busyness of the day continued.  We got the motor home, went to the condo and loaded up all our stuff except the food from the fridge & freezer.  Because the motor home had been locked up for three weeks and the electricity was off to the fridge it had gotten pretty stinky.  So we took the motor home to Beachwood (one of two campgrounds we stay in while in Blaine) and got the power on and the motor home settled in.  Then we were off to dinner with Gerald & Sandra.  We were able to do a load of laundry while we ate and visited.  Again, thankful for the little things ~ clean laundry, great food and wonderful fellowship.  We stayed there till after 11:00 p.m. ~ we were having so much fun talking and solving all the worldly problems that the time got away from us.

We had another busy day today.  We had to organize the motor home from all the stuff that had been in the condo plus the stuff I had picked up at the store and from the storage unit.  One of the things I wanted to do was take my regular dishes out of the motor home and switch them for my Christmas dishes.  I had made plans for Dee to come over so I could unload all of the stuff that had been in the suburban (remember Tuesday's activities).  So with Dee's help we were able to take all the regular dishes and put them in a storage tote and put the other dishes in the cupboards.  One of the delights of today was finding my Christmas dishes were all wrapped in my Christmas sweaters.  Remember I was feeling frustrated that I could not find the tote with them in it and yet it was there all along.  With needing room to put my sweaters away I took out all our summer clothes from the closet and bedroom cupboards (including 4 pairs of black pants ~ our carnival uniforms ~ don't need those for a few months).  With all the clothes out of the closet Ron was able to fix the clothes rack that half the screws had come out.  Today I am thankful for willing hands to help with some projects that needed to be done before we head out to sell Christmas trees.

Once we were done in the motor home, Dee and I headed to Bellingham to run some more errands.  I can't believe I have been to Bellingham (about 20 miles one way from Blaine) four days in a row.  Usually once a week is more than enough.  

After running errands Dee dropped me back here at the motor home.  Ron took a short nap and I checked emails before we once again headed out the door for some food and fellowship with friends.    Tonight we enjoyed a delicious meal of steak, baked potatoes, with baked creamed corn and broccoli raisin salad all the while watching the Huskies beat UCLA and sharing lots of laughter and stories with Jim & Mary.  

Now we are back in the warmth of our motor home.  As they say "there is no place like home."  Snuggled in, watching some television and catching up on writing blogs, reading emails and getting ready to start another busy day tomorrow.

Wishing all who read my blog to have a great night and a terrific weekend. 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day, first the new jeep, & then your home is ready. Good things happen to good people.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you're back in your motor home!!! A friend of mine had a Jeep Wrangler, it's a lovely car!! It was a shame when he sold it... I don't remember why he did, really. I think he wanted somethings smoother and possibly cheaper. Well, I hope you'll have a fantastic weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Hi, Ali! Just wanted to let you know Im showcasing your blog on mine today! Each Friday I display one of my followers' blogs as a way of thanking you for being a part of my world. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you are back in your home sweet motorhome just in time to go sell Christmas trees (wearing your Christmas sweaters). God is good! Congratulations on buying the new Jeep. I think you will have fun going places in that 4x4 Jeep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali: You asked me on my blog a couple days ago when I plan on going to Clarkston. Not until after the snow has melted on Snoqualmie. I want it to be sunny and warm when I'm there.

    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a great time yesterday! The work went quickly with all the laughter!

    Love you tons!
    dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have been really busy! Congrats on the new little rig :) Glad to hear you are back in the Motorhome too! I know we wouldn't want to be any where else!

    Thanks too, I always feel a little homesick for Washington when we are South, fun to hear familiar town names! Can't wait to get back in the PNW!

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my blog so comment away. Note I do have Comment Moderation on so that spam and inappropriate comments will not be allowed.

Blog Address Change!!!!

Well I took the plunge and moved my blog over to WordPress! Below is the link to my blog. All of the blog posts I have written sinc...